<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://audreycaylin.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Audrey Caylin: This Past Month: January

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

This Past Month: January

And it suddenly occurred to me that I've only written one monthly wrap-up post so far because I started blogging late October and had an end of the year wrap-up in December.

So....

Let's wrap up this month of January.

(a.k.a. a-bit-too-quick quick-start to the new year)

(Pictures from Pinterest. To be totally honest, I was going to spam you with snowflakes, BUT THERE ARE NONE WHERE I AM URGHHH)

 Writing

Well...

...

To put it simply, that didn't quite go as I expected! XD Most of January was talking about writing and thinking about writing but not actually writing enough.


If you've checked my "Works In Progress" page lately, you might have noticed that Found is being alpha-read and I'm currently writing Outcast. Both have been quite tricky.

Who is reading my novel that currently lacks a synopsis? My lovely mother is reading it :) She's been great at finding all the incredibly embarrassing mistakes I made. You know, such as a villain's line that is supposed to be "Have it your way" and I said "How it your way."

We laugh a little. Just a little.

And then there's the novel I'm actually writing. *groans* Usually, when I write my novels, I go all-out for about twenty-days and get down some high word-counts. For this novel, it's taken me way too long and I feel so out of it. I'm dragging myself through it like my protagonist must feel like her life is being dragged around. I'm hoping to finish it up next month though :D

On a happier note, I've been spending a bit of time over at Kingdom Pen. (btw, if you have not heard of this place go check it out and meet all the awesome people!). I'm picking up some good pointers and currently working on mastering theme.

(Yes, I finally shared my own photography with my messy handwriting and messy bullet journal XD)

 Living

I'm not quite sure how to define life in general for this past month. Where I live, there's been a lot of pouring rain that's kept us all inside. Like, downpours.

This past month has felt like that.

Aside from letting someone else read my novel for the first time, I signed up for a program that involves public speaking. *cue horrified scream* Standing up and talking in front of people isn't really my forte, but hopefully I'll get better at it through this. I can't be so much of a writer that I can't talk to a dozen people at once without stumbling over my words ;-)

As other random ambitious plans kept coming, my mom commented how bold I was being this month and how great that was.

Great? I thought. This is not great! I feel like someone's pushing me into a swimming pool every three seconds!

All the more reason to spend more quiet time writing XD
(For those of you sinking in snow right now, enjoy those beautiful raindrops and the unfocused palm trees in the background)

Blogging

I haven't been up to any extreme blogging stuff . Just the usual stalking other peoples' blogs, fangirling over their posts, and commenting. However, this series I'm doing has been a lot of fun, and I'm thinking of doing another one in the future :D

Here are my posts of this month (in case you missed any) 


A Word For The Year


Getting To The Heart Of Your Story Part 1: Meeting Your Characters


Getting To The Heart Of Your Story Part 2: Embodying Your Characters


Getting To The Heart Of Your Story Part 3: Creating Your Plot



+ a random announcement

Guys....

I'm almost ready for beta readers.

After my mom finishes her alpha-read, I'm going to make some adjustments, do a read-through aloud, then pass it on to some beta readers who are going to scrutinize every bit of it and tell me about plot holes and character problems and what I need to do better.


Want to be part of that? On February 11th, I'm going to have a post about my novel, with a hopefully better synopsis and other details, and a sign-up sheet

Interested? Check back on the 11th for the official post!


And did I mention I'm excited to talk about theme on Saturday?!?!?! ;-)

<3

- Audrey Caylin



 How has everyone's month been? Did the new year start off too fast for you as well? Can you believe it's February tomorrow?!?!   

 

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At January 31, 2017 at 5:07 AM , Blogger Amy said...

Hope you manage to get more writing done in Feb, Audrey, sorry about that! But it is pretty fun to talk about it instead of write......I've been in that trap, before, lol ;)

Public speaking?! *adds own horrified scream* You are BRAVE!! I would totally have a heart-attack doing that :(

I WILL BETA READ FOR YOU!!! Just calmly getting my offer out there...

Hope you have a wonderful February!

Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

 
At January 31, 2017 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Savannah Grace said...

YOU'RE ALMOST READY FOR BETAS *flails* There's a pretty good chance I'll be signing up to help with that, just sayin' ;).

And I'm super excited to see what the theme on Saturday is! *waits impatiently for the weekend* Lovely post, Audrey!

~ Savannah
scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

 
At January 31, 2017 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Hannah Rodriguez said...

Yaya for beta readers!!!!!! And bullet journaling! I just finished mine for this coming month

hannah (furious ever afters)

 
At January 31, 2017 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Marrok Macintyre said...

Wow your almost already for beta readers, I'd say your making good time! I've been kind of swamped these month so it's been slow. I think that have even shown in my post lately.

 
At January 31, 2017 at 5:00 PM , Blogger Jonathan said...

Depending on my schedule I will try to beta read for you.
I'm excited for your post on theme, Audrey! That is something I need to work on.

 
At January 31, 2017 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Yes, I LOVE to talk about writing (shown in my writing series this past month), but then I feel guilty because I'm not writing XD

Thanks :P I'm working through not shaking when I do it--I have some automatic thing in me that says I have to shake whenever I talk in front of a ton of people. lol. I'm working on it!

That would be awesome, Amy! Thank you for getting that out there! I'm excited yet nervous at once :D

Wishing you a great new month as well!

 
At January 31, 2017 at 6:00 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

*flails with you* That would be wonderful if you could :)

I am SO excited as well!!! I already have the post put together (bc I always write them a week in advance. lol), and I CANNOT wait to share it and talk about it and all!

Thanks for stopping by!

 
At January 31, 2017 at 6:02 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Bullet journals are the best! I think I like looking at other peoples' more than doing my own XD I'm not exactly artistic with mine, but I still like having one just to say I do. ;-)

<3

 
At January 31, 2017 at 6:05 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Trying to :P January swamped me as well. I've had to put writing my sequel on hold in order to work on book 1. The only reason I want book 2 done is so I can write book 3, because that one is EPIC (at least I hope it will be....)

I hope you can write more in February!

 
At January 31, 2017 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Of course! It would be great if you could, but schedules do get tight. Whatever works. :)

Theme is AWESOME!!! I don't think I'll ever stop learning more about it, and could probably write a whole series on it (I might, actually XD). I can't wait to share the post!

 
At February 1, 2017 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Karyssa Norton said...

Great wrap-up! I did a lot of talking and thinking about writing, but didn't get nearly as much as I wanted. I was off to a good start at the beginning of the month, but then it went down hill. :P

I don't like public speaking either! Every time I have to talk in front of a lot of people (a lot of times, it only takes like five people) my face gets REALLY red and I have a hard time looking at everyone.

I am definitely interested in beta reading your book. :) It's actually one of my goals for this year. I've never done it, but am excited to start. You can count on me coming back on Feb. 11th. :D

 
At February 1, 2017 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Katie Grace said...

EEEEP BETA READERS. That's such a scary experience, but it will go awesomely for you. *nodnod* It's showing such a bold and brave step in the journey of writing! You're amazing. <3

katie grace
a writer's faith

 
At February 1, 2017 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

The same totally happened for me! I was like "oh, I'll finish my sequel this month and get book 1 off to betas!"

January didn't think that was realistic, apparently XD

Oooh, thank you! I just did it for the first time last month as well, and it was super fun. See you then! :D

 
At February 1, 2017 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Yes, I am panicking :P I'll probably just collapse and hide in my room until I get it back ;-)

Thank you! And thanks for stopping by and being amazing as well!

<3

 
At February 10, 2017 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Morgan said...

Love your bullet journal and vlog!!!!

 
At February 10, 2017 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Thank you Morgan! I'm glad you stopped by :D

<3

 
At March 2, 2017 at 1:33 PM , Blogger Sarah Margaret said...

ohhhh. I think i've seen you on KingdomPen before - I don't get on there often but I must have seen your profile before hahaa

*is totally not stalking your whole blog* *cough cough*

sarah » the introverted extrovert

 
At March 2, 2017 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Oh, yes, I stalk Kingdom Pen quite a bit, asking random complicated questions about various things ;-)

Thanks for the link to your blog! :D

*goes and adds your blog to my stalking list*

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! I'd love to chat with you! Just please keep things clean and respectful.
*hands you a cup of unending gratitude*

And I respond to every comment, so be sure to check back for my reply!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home