<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://audreycaylin.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Audrey Caylin: My Novel: Ready For Beta Reading

Saturday, February 11, 2017

My Novel: Ready For Beta Reading

Hello there! If you read my wrap-up from last month, you may have heard my novel is ready for beta reading.

What novel?

My novel. You know, the one I hardly ever talk about.

You mean the one without a synopsis? The one you said you had to rewrite a dozen times?

Yes. That one.

BUT now I'm actually going to share the synopsis and stuff....



So, if you are interested in beta reading for me, feel free to read on, check everything out and sign-up if you wish. I just wanted everyone here to have the first sign-up opportunity before I let the universe know I'm looking for beta readers :) 

Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Novel


(Pictures from Pinterest)

Title: Found (Dareas Trilogy Book 1)
 
 Genre: YA Christian Fantasy/Sci-fi

Length: Approximately 112,000 words.

Synopsis: 



Kara Ashton’s days drag on like a paintbrush dipped in muddy water, splashed across the crumbling society of twenty-fourth century Earth. On a dreary Thursday, she is inexplicably handed over to the Authorities by her very own mother. Nothing in her wounded soul’s imagination could have prepared Kara for her next moment of consciousness – waking up on an unknown planet full of radical beauty and violence. With her trust in people now shattered, Kara finds herself on an arduous journey towards a multi-dimensional sense of safety, such that only the One she refuses to acknowledge can provide. While the ongoing wars swirl amidst the Seron Forest, Kara’s only hope rises like the mythical phoenix, beckoning her towards Truth.
Still with me? In a short, no-fluff description: the novel is about both finding hope through hardship and also discovering reasons to try when there are not any.

It's pretty deep, but very hopeful and with some laugh-out-loud moments (according to my mom. you can trust her word, because I laugh at the most unfitting moments). It's book 1 of a trilogy, and I've been working with it for "quite a while."






So I'm Interested. What Do I Do?

1st. You fill out the sign-up form that's going to be at the bottom of this post. It will be open for one week. Then, on the morning of the 20th (Monday), you're going to have an email sitting in your inbox.

2nd. In that email, you'll find instructions about what to do. Then, you have until April 1st to send back my novel with your analysis of it.


Without the mission impossible stuff, here's what you get:


- My novel, both in a google doc and Microsoft word. Please use one only.

- A list of questions I'd like you to answer. You can do that as you go or at the end. It's up to you.

- 41 days to read my novel... or 984 hours. ;-).

- My encouragement to add additional comments in the documents. Really. I don't mind a ton of honest feedback.

- A chance to unleash the editing monster in you before camp nanowrimo and give feedback on a book with knowledge the author will use your feedback to make the book better. You know when you review a book and you wish the author could change something? Now's your chance to be heard.

- My unending gratitude. This is something money can't buy, though you already have it just for being here. ;-)

What if...?



"What if life happens and I can't get the book back to you by April 1st?  
Will you find me and assault my inbox with angry spam?"

No. It's okay if you can't finish it. Just send me what you have and it's all cool. Life happens. Crazy things show up. Don't sweat it.

 "What if I finish before your deadline?"

Send it back early! Nothing wrong with that!

"What if I've never beta-read before?"

Fortunately, friend, I have a post about that. Read this and you'll be good. (hint: it's totally okay if this is your first beta read)




So HERE is that form I've been talking about. Fill it out if you're interested. Thank you! I'm excited to work with you!





If you can't do it, no worries. I still love all you guys! :D


 Check back next week for a "normal" post.

<3

- Audrey Caylin



Have you ever had a novel beta read? Have you ever beta read someone else's novel? 

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

At February 11, 2017 at 6:35 AM , Blogger Amy said...

Signed up :) And congrats for being ready for beta readers, this is so exciting! Good luck with everything, Audrey!

Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

 
At February 11, 2017 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Amy said...

Oh no Audrey, I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to pull out of the beta-reading! Just looked at my diary schedule for March and it's going to be a busy month :( So sorry to cause difficulties, can you ignore my sign-up? I should've checked my schedule before signing up, my bad. Sorry, and thanks!

 
At February 11, 2017 at 10:25 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

That's totally okay, Amy :) Thank you for letting me know, and thanks for stopping by!

<3

 
At February 11, 2017 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Marrok Macintyre said...

Oh wow how cool! you must be so hyped with it being your first year of blogging and your already callin' out for beta-reads. Congrats again!

 
At February 11, 2017 at 7:56 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

THANK YOU! I am absolutely hyped and super thankful that I've been able to do all I have so far! :D

 
At February 13, 2017 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Abigayle Claire said...

Ah Audrey!!! This is so exciting. Welcome to my favorite part of the self-publishing process :D I really really shouldn't sign up because I need to prioritize planning a novel, editing my short story, and editing for other people. But ... but. That synopsis o.o *signs up anyway* Mwahahaha I am SO going to enjoy this! :D

 
At February 14, 2017 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

THANK YOU Abigayle! :D I'm super excited as well! After the initial panic of handing my novel away to other people, it probably will become my favorite part too XD

Thanks for signing up!

<3

 
At February 14, 2017 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Jonathan said...

Your synopsis sounds awesome, Audrey!
I look forward to beta reading your novel.

 
At February 15, 2017 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

EEEP! Thank you! I'm so glad you signed up! :D

 
At February 15, 2017 at 8:44 PM , Blogger s.m.b said...

It looks so good! And i would totally sign up, but I'm so behind in other things...*is in a dilemma*

 
At February 15, 2017 at 11:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your book sounds so cool! Your beta readers are going to have such a good time with it if the synopsis is anything to go by. Plus your imagery is just gorgeous! Good luck with your betas/editing! I'm hoping to have my own book ready for possibly beta-ing at the end of February and I'm terrified!

 
At February 16, 2017 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Thank you :) I totally understand. I almost signed up to beta read someone elses' novel the other day, then remembered that I'm already betaing another one and beta testing something else :P

Thanks for stopping by and reading! :D

<3

 
At February 16, 2017 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

THANK YOU!!! I hope it does, as my alpha reader claims so... ;-)

Oooh! Is this your first time too? Just letting my family read my novel was terrifying enough. It helped me grow so much as a writer (and a person) though. :)

 
At February 18, 2017 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Savannah Grace said...

OHMYGRACIOUS - I'm so late to this, I'm sorry! I'll have to check with some things and see if I'll be able to beta for you ;).

SO EXCITED FOR YOU, AUDREY! Betas are the best <3.

~ Savannah
scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

 
At February 19, 2017 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

AHHHHH! THANK YOU! I'M SO EXCITED TOO! :D

Thanks for stopping by to read!

<3

 
At March 3, 2017 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Hannah White said...

Oh my goodnesssss I DON'T KNOW HOW I MISSED THIS *cries* It's been a hectic month for me and I just didn't see it? UGH. Well, I'm so happy for you! This is such an exciting step! <3

 
At March 4, 2017 at 5:43 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

I'm sorry you did too, but thanks for scrolling down to find this and comment anyway :D I had a hectic month too. :P

THANK YOU. I'm so excited but still nervous (probably will be until I get it back)

<3

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! I'd love to chat with you! Just please keep things clean and respectful.
*hands you a cup of unending gratitude*

And I respond to every comment, so be sure to check back for my reply!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home